Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Al Que Cree, Todo le es Posible

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the the cheesy title line in Spanish.  It means: to him that believes, everything is possible.  I really like that and it touched me, so I've decided that is going to be my mantra and try to remember it when I get down.  

I'll be honest, it is tough living in the box that is the MTC and doing the same thing every single day of my life with the same people.  We only get to leave on Pday [Personal Day, once a week] to go to the temple and back which is like 100 yards away.  I love my district though and they are all just solid elders.  I found out there are 20, give or take, missionaries headed to Xela ( the real name of my mission here ) that are all from the same transfer [meaning they all arrived at the same time].  My district has about half of those missionaries, and it's amazing.  I know I was blessed with them for sure because they are all smart, funny and obedient missionaries and they are a great influence and a great group to be around. They all joke asking for each others sisters' emails and marrying them when we come back, it's really funny being around them.  But it really is true that we live in kind of a box.  We get yard time and have everything planned out for us ahead of time.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I am so happy to be here, but after teaching now our third fake investigator I just want to teach some real people.  

I can only speak the Spanish that is in the lessons and a little bit besides that, but I can't wait to get out there.  Spanish is coming along really well.   My companion Elder Stewart and I kill the lessons and our teachers tell us we have a lot of potential and that we really work together well.  The other companionships did not get such compliments apparently haha.  One even had to restart their lessons with the investigator because they accidentally said, "We milk and eat people in the church," hahaha.  The investigators are our teachers and they really play their parts well.  They really make it feel real and stressful especially because with only two weeks of Spanish, we can't say that much and forget a lot so sometimes there are some very long pauses.  

The wife of the MTC President is super nice.  She gives all the pep talks.  Also, we had the health talk on Sunday and we have pretty much accepted death because they showed pictures of some things we could get down here and it looks quite bad.  Good thing dad packed me the pharmacy.  Love ya, dad. [Jeff is known for his preparedness.]

File:Rambutan in white bg.jpegThe latino missionaries are some of the funniest and coolest people.  There are two elders here I know from Lima and one is the weirdest person I have ever met.  He keeps asking when they will give us some nice horse to eat because that is his favorite.  The other is just a funny guy and he and his companion were a match made in heaven because they always walk around with their arms around each other and are kinda like the two stooges. (yes, I know there are three but that is what they are like.)  
There is this fruit called rambutan here and its the best fruit I have ever had.


Ummm, other than that, we sit in class all day and learn Spanish.  I am happy, healthy and where I should be.  I love you all and I pray for you every day.

Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment